The Model 01 can be extended up to 14 inches, allowing for the second arm to be cuffed while over a foot apart, thus “Stopping the Struggle” faster and safer for all. Once engaged on a wrist, the cuffs ratchet back to a chain handcuff and cannot be re-extended. Additional benefits of our patented extension technology include:
- Increases Officer safety while reducing force applied to detainee
- Can be deployed as a chain handcuff or in extension mode at officer’s discretion
- Extension capability provides tactical advantages while restraining non-compliant individuals
- After extending for cuff application, the restraints ratchet back to a chain cuff configuration
- Reduces force on detainees’ shoulders when deployed in the extended position by 49%
- Allows for easier deployment in a range of positions, such as seated, prone, etc.
- Cord provides over 1000 pounds of strength, twice that required by National Institute of Justice
Beyond the benefits of the extension technology, the Model 01 has additional features over standard handcuffs:
- Anodized Aluminum external construction and corrosion resistant internals
- “Pistol Grip” which allows control similar to a hinged hand cuff.
Ergonomic grip with rounded edges
- Wider Bail (also called Bow, Ratchet, or Single Strand) is up to 63% wider than other handcuffs. This spreads force over a greater area, thereby reducing possibility of injury (Handcuff Neuropathy)
- Finger activated “double lock”. Since SpiderCuff automates the double lock process, this now becomes a manual “triple” lock that engages the anti-pick deterrence.
- Utilizes standard key.
The Model 01 combines the benefits of SpiderCuff’s automated double locking technology with safer deployment. The ease and efficiency during the restraining process removes officers from danger sooner and reduces the chance of further escalation of force.
To learn more about our Model 01 handcuff, contact SpiderCuff Customer Service